Stages of process of purchase in the industrial market
1. Understanding and prediction
Preconditions of emergence of requirement:
1) internal (need of replacement of the equipment, a lack of raw materials and materials, production expansion, aspiration to raise efficiency of activity, use of an advantage of the enterprise in the market);
2) external (change of the auxiliary base demanding the adaptation of a production activity to current situation, visit by the marketing agent of the enterprise client, exhibition visit).
For the supplier of the goods of industrial function it is necessary to know forms, procedures and methods of recognition of existence of requirement, a sign of its (comment) of potential buyers since it influences terms and ways of their implementation.
2. Determination of properties and needs for the goods
At this stage the demand is made and made out by the relevant document in which the general technical and economic indicators necessary for the applicant of quality and quantity of the goods are specified, made the corresponding technical requirements on the goods, on the basis of the functional and cost analysis: questions according to the analysis of alternative possibilities, satisfactions in production by means of manufacturing by its own forces or purchase of the competitive supplier are solved.
Arguments against manufacturing by own forces:
– absence of administrative and technical experience for the organization of production which can cause purchase of the new equipment;
– need of involvement of new experts and working personnel;
– the enterprises making the necessary goods as a side production, as a rule, lag behind all for which production remains to the main;
– goodwill loss owing to reduction in the market of purchases that negatively affects on sales volume the enterprise.;
– flexibility loss in acquisition of materials, knots, units since at a choice of the supplier it is possible will stop on the best combination of quality, the prices, servicings, and also it is possible to change sources of supply of the goods and their redistribution.
3. Search and characteristic of potential suppliers of the goods
* enterprise experience (внутр.);
* inquiries, recommendations of clients (внешн.)
4. Consideration and the analysis of offers (from suppliers)
5. Assessment of offers and choice of suppliers
6. Choice of system of orders of the goods
The choice of the supplier conducts to the conclusion of the transaction assuming:
– placement of the final order and control of a course of its performance;
– check invoice;
– receiving and inspection of an arriving consignment of goods;
– transfer on storage of data on the concluded transaction.
7. Analysis of return information on results of purchase and their assessment